We’re doing a countdown – of the most influential, technologically-inspiring, businesses changing our marketplace today. In this article, we review 10 PropTech businesses who are changing the marketplace for the better through innovation, technological know-how, and an attitude that change is not something to be scared of, but rather embedded in your organisational culture.
- Zoopla: The UK’s current most comprehensive property website, Zoopla focusses on empowering users with the resources they need to make better-informed property decisions. Whether their consumers are looking to buy their next home, or simply research the market, Zoopla uses data intelligence to combine hundreds of thousands of property listings and combine that with local information and community tools. They provide solutions for their consumers, but they’re also the UK’s leading online marketing partner for estate agents, letting agents and property developers.
- Purple Bricks: You may have seen their recent advertising campaign on TV where they directly take on the traditional way of buying and selling property and offer their own online, more efficient, quicker, more cost-effective solution instead. Having won a huge range of accolades for their business positioning, Purple Bricks is very quickly becoming the main contender in the fight for property-market dominance. Using local property experts who can guide you through the market, Purple Bricks takes no commission – and are aimed at making the consumer’s life hassle-free.
- Trussle: The UK’s first online mortgage broker, Trussle makes the process of finding and securing the right mortgage for their consumers, as easy as possible. They match their consumer needs with a perfectly-suited mortgage offer, and sift through more than 11,000 mortgage deals from 90 lenders. But they don’t just stop at securing the deal for you. They also continue to monitor the market and provides you with the opportunity to switch to a more suitable mortgage deal at a later stage in the process.
- Buzzmove: Buzzmove gives you the best access to house removal companies within 30 seconds. Matching your search requirements with the appropriate companies available to help, Buzzmove helps you to connect instantly and book your move online and anytime. They claim to help their consumers save up to 80% by instantly comparing removal quotes and can help you find anything from a simple “man-in-a-van” through to a specialist removal request for commercial properties and precious items.
- Movebubble: Quickly becoming the UK rental market’s favourite startup, Movebubble is a company and property rental market app that helps renters find a property. Based on the founders’ own poor renting experiences, Movebubble aims to help their consumers with every stage and challenge of the rental market. Primarily focussing on the London-market, Movebubble has secured financial investment to grow. Having launched on stage at a 2015 TechCrunch Disrupt London event, creates a renter community by giving them access to book viewings directly, give feedback on properties viewed and share information on different areas of London.
- Nested: This business helps those who are desperately trying to sell their own property. Nested gives you a guaranteed sale price for your home from day one, eliminating months of uncertainty. Where you may not get the price you want, you are guaranteed a sale, enabling you to move on, chain-free. If, however, your home sells within 90 days, you’ll receive the full sale price (with their fees removed) on completion. Fully regulated by the Property Ombudsman and the FCA, this startup is ambitious and is very quickly changing the uncertainty that has, forever, plagued the property market.
- REalyse: REalyse is the go-to solution for gathering UK residential property investment data and insights. Claiming to cut the time saved on traditional investing (40-120 hours per project) down to only 16-48 minutes per project, REalyse searches UK residential property data by postcode, city or neighbourhood, and then, together with their own data and algorithms, presents their own findings to aid investment, within minutes. So, whether it’s trying to get a glimpse into the future of Camden for a housing association, or whether they’re simply trying to get a feel for investment type as an estate agent chain, REalyse presents property insight valuable to most property developers and investors.
- View My Chain: Describing themselves as “Faster Sales Progression Software”, View My Chain sheds new light on the complexities surrounding the house-buying market and provides the proactive agent to complete property sales quicker, and more efficiently. This platform allows agents, buyers and sellers to view automated key buying and selling milestones such as searches being ordered or mortgages applied for, and claims to be the only data driven chain management tool which provides the best solution to help agents achieve lower fall-throughs, faster completions and less wastage.
- The Depositary: Not yet officially launched, but on the threshold of doing so, the Depositary was created to eliminated the problems associated with end of tenancies – whether it’s replacing light-bulbs, clearing up gardens, repairing any damages and more. They make the process of renters getting their deposits back, easier, by providing a timeline of events and tasks that need to be completed in order to reach conclusion. They bridge the gap between tenant and landlord and eliminate any confusion about bringing the tenancy to a close successfully. They’re definitely one to watch.
- EyeSpy360: This service provides any prospective property tenant, purchaser or visitor with a 360 degree virtual tour of the property from the comfort of their own home or office. They allow their users to upload their own panoramic photos from any 360 vr camera to the EyeSpy360 platform, and their own unique 360 tour is created within minutes. It allows landlords and estate agents, businesses, venues, restaurants and hotels to open their property up in a completely new way giving their customers a first-hand experience of all that is on offer.
If you need our help in getting your innovative business growing in the right direction, then call us today.