From Health to Finance, Travel to Fashion, industries are embracing technology to prepare for the future of work – and Agriculture is no difference. In our countdown of the top 10 Tech Trends, we take a look at organisations within the agriculture space making huge strides in delivering a more sustainable, productive, healthy agricultural industry. Here are 10 businesses making a difference.
- AgCode: This vineyard management solution is most probably the most comprehensive solution on the market today. Managing anything form work orders to payroll, pesticide management to field inspection, AgCode provides a complete view of vineyard maintenance from growing to harvesting, giving farm owners, managers and winemakers complete visibility and control in the pursuit of finding and making the best wine, and delivering the best crops. Their AM3 product, is a mobile solution designed around efficient data collecting and is tailored to all levels of farming operations.
- AGERpoint: Similar to AgCode, AGERpoint has been designed to provide farmers and farm managers, all the control they need to deliver farming efficiency and produce high-quality crops. Through a series of industry‐leading technologies that are redefining data acquisition, analysis, and translation for growers, giving personnel at all levels access to the mission-critical data they need to drive their business forward, AGERpoint has teamed up with leaders in the industry to put actionable information in the hands of growers.
- BluWrap: Based in San Francisco, California with operations in Talcahuano, Chile, BluWrap provides naturally extended shelf-life technology that has revolutionized fresh protein supply chains worldwide. In 2013 BluWrap began regularly shipping full containers of commercial seafood shipments to and from Belgium, Chile, Iceland, Japan, Norway, Panama, and USA.
- Bovcontrol: “The Internet of Cows” empowers farmers by providing a data collection and analysis tool to improve performance on meat, milk and genetics production. Through various solutions like automating the data collection of animals through identification devices to effectively managing your livestock inventory, Bovcontrol aims to bring back efficiency in the production of beef and dairy and shows your true potential and points out ways to achieve it.
- GrowUp Urban Farms: An exciting new business committed to feeding people in cities in a way that is positive for communities and the environment, today and in the future, GrowUp Urban Farms produce high-quality crops through aquaponics and vertical farming.
- Azotic Technologies: Azotic Technologies specialises in natural nitrogen which helps address the problem of nitrogen pollution. Their technology provides every cell in the plant with the ability to fix its own nitrogen from the air. By reducing nitrogen fertiliser application it offers a significant cost benefit to the grower. Azotic’s N-Fix® technology is based on a food grade bacteria Gluconacetobacter diazotrophicus (Gd) which is derived from sugarcane. N-Fix can be applied as an inoculant or as a seed dressing formulation. By inoculating plant seeds with this beneficial bacteria, it creates a symbiotic relationship for mutual benefit. This nitrogen-fixing bacteria is a patented disruptive technology which will have a huge impact on agriculture.
- Gamaya: Gamaya improves efficiency and sustainability of farming businesses by offering compelling agronomy solutions, enabled by hyperspectral imaging and artificial intelligence. Through their patented, light-weight, data efficient, 40-band hyperspectral camera, users can have access to a wealth of crop information that you can use to significantly enhance your operations. Software then translates the raw data captured by the camera into actionable information using machine-learning and AI producing suggestion and insight into how to become more efficient, and more productive.
- Ynsect: Ynsect uses insects to bioconvert organic substrates, such as cereal byproducts, and transform those insects into sustainable nutrient resource for agro-industries and bioactive compounds for green chemistry.
- Agrivi: Similar to the solutions provided by AGERpoint, Agrivi farm management software lets you plan, monitor and analyze all activities on your farms easily. Tillage, planting, spraying, fertilization, irrigation, harvesting and all other activities are managed with a few clicks. Through powerful farm analytics, this solution gives farmers the information they need to have a 360 degree view of their crop operations based on raw data as opposed to gut feeling.
- Aqua Moaf: Aqua Moaf gives Israel a name in fish farming, or aquaculture. For over 20 years, Aqua Maof has been consulting and building fish farms on land and in cages around the world. As natural fish populations around the world crash, companies like Aqua Maof give people a healthier fish-based protein option.
Have an idea or want to grow your Agritech business, but need the operational support and funding to do so, then we are your answer. Get in touch to find out how we can help to move your business forward.